Junior Accountant – Stamford CT
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
DXT Commodities North America LLC is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join of our growing energy trading desk based in Stamford, CT.
The Junior Accounting Analyst will work with the Back Office team and the Risk, Control & Finance Director in all aspects of management company accounting and maintaining books and records.
- Post A/P and A/R invoices, credit memos and payments.
- Manage most aspects of A/P including vendor contract management and set up, account balance reconciliations and employee expense reports.
- Perform month-end process, includes but not limited to, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliation, depreciation/amortization of fixed assets and prepaids, properly accrued expenses.
- Prepare various monthly reports including office payroll and office cost statements.
- Maintain accurate financial record-keeping of all business activities.
- Assist with daily cash management and treasury activities.
- Assist with preparation of the company financial statements and budget variance analysis.
- Assist with annual audit by providing documents and bank transactions.
- Assist with periodic (monthly/quarterly) state sales tax filings.
- Assist with the preparation of ad-hoc requests, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Accounting, Finance or related field is a requirement.
- 1-2 year(s) or more of accounting experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, with knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical, critical and economical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Strong results driven attitude.
- Capacity to thrive in a high pressure, time-sensitive environment.
- International, challenging and professional environment
- Permanent position with an attractive remuneration package
About DXT Commodities North America LLC.
DXT Commodities SA is a well-established wholesale trading entity in European gas, power and LNG markets. In the US, DXT Commodities North America LLC has been in business for 5+ years active in power and gas trading.
To apply, please submit resume or other considerations via email to email@example.com. Only suitable profiles will be contacted.